Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Art of Weaving

Life is full of re-adjusting one's perspective. I've found that this has been a common theme for my life these past few weeks. One major area has been loving and accepting people in spite of frustrations. (This includes all areas of my life and is not referring to one particular event, more importantly not one specific person).

One word that I continuously hear God whispering to me, in regards to relationships, is "patience." This led me to question the line(s) between "having patience for people," "holding people accountable," "judging someone's actions," and "how to react in the midst of disappointment." Then, looking in the mirror, evaluate at my own actions; do I keep my promises? I understand that God's love, forgiveness, and patience is key. On the other hand, I've always been someone to say, "Hey...that's not right." But when should we excercise these two [different??] views? Also, if God's timing is perfect, should we really be disappointed with people? Should we accept circumstances as God's timing/plan instead of someone letting us down? View of a bigger picture? Yes! But I couldn't really find these comparisons in the Bible. I know that God wants us to love Him and show His love to others; but people aren't perfect (actually I'm referring to myself), in which reveals my struggle. I don't know the answers to these questions. So I guess I am writing this for participation reasons. Participation, in hope that you apply these questions to your own life, or leave feedback for me to apply to mine. Thanks for reading =)

Post Script:
I want to have faith in and love people, but more importantly, God. It's like a dance...listening to God's direction while weaving this with, or applying it to, other relationships.

No comments: