Sunday, March 8, 2009

But I'll Try Focusing on the Good

Today I went riding over to the Cupertino Starbucks I usually visit. On the way, my backpack came unzipped so I pulled over on the side of the freeway. As I was ready to get back on the road, a car pulled over in front of me. At first I was going to go, but the thought, "He might be pulling over for me," crossed my mind. The man stepped out of his car and started walking towards me. As I pulled forward to meet him, he asked, "Everything alright?" "Yeah, thank you for asking, everything's fine," I responded. I told him why I pulled over and blessed him for pulling over.

The rest of the way to Starbucks, I kept repeating, "That totally blows my mind!" I thank God for that moment. It lifted my spirits. Ok, so there are good people, and I'll gladly accept what happened today with open arms.

No comments: