Monday, December 14, 2009

As P.O.D. Would Say, "Welcome To Hard Times"

It is interesting how much stress individuals can take. We each have our own breaking limit; and over this past month, I've reached and passed mine. This has been easier to get through this with the love and support of my family, but nevertheless is still difficult. It's also interesting how much of stress or difficulty we are willing to let others see. "What will people say?" is something that I briefly covered in my last post. Like I said before, I don't live my life based around others' opinions. But the occasional struggle lays in, "Is the example I'm living, reflect my beliefs, and more importantly, who Jesus is?"

I'm not proud of it, but I don't always do the right thing. Sometimes this is all that is needed to show that someone is going through a difficult time. It's best to sieze an opportunity when someone seems a little jaded, to show him/her more love and acceptance. This may be simply done through a kind action (opening a door for someone, or 'comping' his/her drink) or by saying "Let me know how I can help." I was shown two of these today; thank you Tomas and Chris. It may be all that is needed to shine a little light into his/her valley. This is something that I will also try to practice...when I get out of my valley.

So if this isn't "wearing my emotions on my sleeve," I don't know what is...haha.

This all shows how important to love people really is...inspite of difficulties they are having. We don't really know someone's full story, however joyful or difficult it may be. The important thing is to show love to people, no matter what they are going through.

No comments: