Monday, August 18, 2008

Dawn Patrol




BAM!!! Totally went surfin today! It's been a while, but I finally got to catch some waves over at 'the hook' in Capitola. I got up at 4:50am, strapped down my board, made a stop at Starbucks down the street for a Grande Pike Place Roast and Classic Coffee Cake, and left for the ocean.

It was just getting light out right when I got there. It was low tide and there were pretty good sets rolling in. I rode in a couple of good ones. Dang, it's so awesome riding a wave, just so smooth...nothing like it. Pretty chill people out today too, which made it even more relaxing. Good times.

I always think of my bro, Matt, whenever I get out surfin. He's the one who got me excited to try it a long time ago. We always set out early before dawn and listened to Postal Service and Yellowcard on the way over. I still listen to them when I go, makes me remember those fun mornings. It'd be dope to be able to catch some waves with him again...great company! But I don't know if Santa Cruz could handle the Olds Brothers again! HaHa . . . love ya bro!

No comments: